Day 7: The Layover (like The Hangover)

Today we went to Bangkok for a layover leg before we went to Abu Dhabi. The leg was 8 hours. I know, super short. Like me! Anyway there was only about 11 scavenges and we finished 10, like pros.

First scavenge we did was talk to some locals and poll them on who they think is the most famous Thai person is. Didn’t know any of the ones they said except Blackpink. Which is a K-Pop band. I felt super cultured when I recognized them.

After we finished the scavenge and got off the subway, I went on my first ever tuk tuk. This is a taxi, carriage/motorcycle. It was actually pretty cool except that it was super hot in Thailand so the wind just made you hot. Well for me, hotter. Wink wink.

The tuktuk took us to the Amulet Market. It was really hot and had a lot of amulets. Hence the name. Not anything too special, in my opinion. My dad though was totally into the Buddha “see no evil” amulet he got. Cause he’s super youthful and into dabbing (he tried dabbing the other day, big oof).

Anyway, after the amulet thing we went to the ferry and another temple. It was a lot fancier, golden and bigger than the ones in Myanmar. And very white, making it a bit hard to look at due to the super bright sun.

The rest of the day was mostly a haze. Get to the airport with no air conditioning and stood in a long line. The highlight of my day. Get onto the plane for 6 1/2 hours, which was actually not awful. Get to Abu Dhabi and go to this super fancy hotel room.

Overall today was hot and long but more laid back than normal. I’ve never been to Abu Dhabi, so I’m super excited to embrace the tourist in me for the next few days.





















Comments

  1. Wow! From Myanmar to Abu Dhabi - I can't wait to read about those adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the contest that is Global Expression Hunt, Emory's photo expressions are more relaxed and smiley than Alan's. The burden of the parent is profound.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 10: The Day of Rest

Day 21: The Day Dad Did the Running Man

Day 8: The Day of Long Pants