The Hunt Begins (kind of)

I leave today! When I woke up I was immediately anxious and excited to leave. When I got to school I was so jittery I couldn’t sit still for a second. I think Sutton thought I had too much caffeine today or something. Throughout the whole day I kept glancing at the clock waiting for it to be three so I could go to the airport. I’m one of those people who are very nervous about activities until it finally happens and then I am super calm and chill. When I left school early, I made sure to leave quietly and not make a deal of it. I told Sutton and Sydney bye and left. 
Then the hunt began. Kind of. First me and my dad went home to double check the luggage and say bye to my family that was home. After that we took an Uber to the airport. When we got to the airport our gate changed about 50 times. Okay that’s an overexaggeration but it was about 3 time which is still a lot. Once we boarded I noticed that my dad had bought the aisle and the window seat for both of us. When I asked about this he explained that is because nobody likes sitting in the middle and there is a bigger chance that someone will choose a different seat, which is actually a pretty smart strategy. Having experienced sitting in between two strangers, no bueno.  
When we arrived at the Vancouver airport, let me just say, muy bueno. It was super nice and had a modern design. I learned that Uber is illegal in Canada, and my dad explained why and the logic behind it. Downtown Vancouver looks very futuristic with the tall, metal building which a bunch of windows. As soon arrived at the hotel I was thinking “dang this place is snazzy.” While we were checking in we met another GSH team, who is experiencing this for the first time. 
I am so excited to explore Vancouver tomorrow. With just one taxi ride I was in awe of the architecture of this city. And the weather is perfect for me; more on the colder side but not too cold I need long pants. This place seems like a great place to live.







Comments

  1. Yay Emory!! Can't wait to read more about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really enjoyed the blog! I tried to post a bunch of funny stuff about how if you get challenged to eat weird stuff DO NOT let Alan get out of it by claiming he's on a fast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 10: The Day of Rest

Day 21: The Day Dad Did the Running Man

Day 8: The Day of Long Pants